Heisenberg model on Kagome Lattice

Hi all,

I would like to compute the ground state and the spin expectation value of the following Heisenberg model on the Kagome lattice. The Hamiltonian I’m considering is just the plain Heisenberg spin model with nearest neighbour interaction on a Kagome lattice.

The problem is, ITensor Julia does not currently have a defined function to write Hamiltonian on the Kagome lattice (I know defined functions exist, for, say, square lattice). Can someone point to a place to start, say, on writing the Kagome lattice function?

You can see the implementations of the square and triangular lattices here: ITensors.jl/src/lib/ITensorMPS/src/lattices at main · ITensor/ITensors.jl · GitHub, that would be a good place to start.

In the future, you can find out where a function is defined in Julia using the macro @which:

julia> @which square_lattice(2, 2)
square_lattice(Nx::Int64, Ny::Int64; yperiodic)
     @ ITensors.ITensorMPS ~/.julia/packages/ITensors/iifFp/src/lib/ITensorMPS/src/lattices/lattices.jl:71

julia> @which triangular_lattice(2, 2)
triangular_lattice(Nx::Int64, Ny::Int64; yperiodic)
     @ ITensors.ITensorMPS ~/.julia/packages/ITensors/iifFp/src/lib/ITensorMPS/src/lattices/lattices.jl:108

In addition, you can use @less and @edit to see and edit the file where the function is defined, respectively.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.